Someone once said, If a sermon is worth preaching once, then it’s worth preaching again. May I quickly add, though, Probably not in the same church. At least not in the same year!
To help prevent sermon repetition and perhaps an embarrassing situation, the Sermon Editor in the recently released Logos 7.4, contains 2 additional fields for keeping track of when and where we deliver messages.
Check out this simple, but helpful new feature:
- Choose Documents | Sermon
- Click Untitled Sermon (A)
- Type a new name the sermon (B)
- Press the Enter key to save the name
- Place desired information in the various info fields (C)
- Notice the new fields Date (D) and Venue (E)
- Type a Date for when the message was delivered using following formats such as (please note if the format entered is not recognizable a red border appears around the Date box): (F)
- February 19, 2017
- Feb 19 17
- 2 19 17
- Type a location in the Venue field (G)
- Click Add occasion to display additional Date and Venue boxes (H)
- Click Done with sermon info to hide the sermon metadata (I)
- Click Edit sermon info to display the sermon metadata (J)
- Notice the date format is now Month/Day/Year regardless of the format you used (K)
Since this is a new feature, I can’t tell you how many times you can click Add occasion. Just remember, a sermon may be worth preaching more than once, but perhaps not as many as 15 times! Enjoy this and other 7.4 tweaks to the Sermon Editor.
For more detailed information about the Sermon Editor as well as other Logos features, be sure to check out the Logos 7 Bible Software Training Manual Bundle available in both print and digital formats.