A subscriber to MPSeminars.com recently submitted this scenario to me:
I’m doing research regarding God or Jesus in the role of a shepherd. How can I find verses related to that theme?
I love questions like this because it indicates people are really using Logos to dig into Scripture.
Actually there are several ways to find such verses, but in this blog I want to emphasize one of my favorite Logos features, the Bible Browser.
- Choose Tools | Reference | Bible Browser (A)
- Type shepherd in the Find box located in the sidebar (B)
- Scroll in the sidebar to the Topics section (C)
- Click the filter God as shepherd (D)
- Notice the verses related to this Cultural Concept are displayed on the right (E)
- Use the Send to link in the upper right of the Bible Browser to “move” the results to a different location (F)
As I mentioned above, God as shepherd is one of approximately 1100 Cultural Concepts theLogos team has identified and mapped to specific verses. For more information about this dataset please open from your Library this resource: Lexham Cultural Ontology: Dataset Documentation.
For more detailed training about Cultural Concepts please check out 24/7 video training at mpseminars.com.
And don’t forget to follow Faithlife.com/mpseminars and you’ll automatically receive a FREE digital download of Dr. Grant Osborne’s commentary Ephesians Verse by Verse.