A Logos user contacted me with the following inquiry:
I’m in the process of tagging my resources. Since I’m not familiar with some of them, I’m not sure what tags to assign. Is there some assistance available in the software to help me?
I really appreciate this question because I’m a big proponent of tagging. And the answer is Yes – help is available in the form of Community Tags.
So if you’re like this Logos user who has discovered the power of tagging, but need a little coaching along the way give this a try.
First we need to toggle on Community Tags:
- Choose the Help menu (3 dots icon) in the upper right of the program (A)
- Select Program Settings (B)
- Scroll to the Internet section (C)
- Set Show Community Tags to Yes (D)
Now we need to see Community Tags in action:
- Click or drag/drop the Library icon to open it (E)
- Click the “I” icon in the upper right of the Library (F) to open the Resource Information pane (G)
- Select a resource on the left (without clicking its title which opens the book) with which you need a little tagging help (H)
- Notice in the Information pane under the Add Tag box the Community Tags (I)
In a nutshell, Community Tags are popular tags that the fellowship of Logos users has assigned to this selected resource. You can review the popular tags to get an idea of how others have tagged the resource and then decide to type one of those or develop your own.
For more exhaustive instructions about Tagging Resources including a personal strategy of tagging please check out 24/7 video training at mpseminars.com.
And don’t forget to follow Faithlife.com/mpseminars and you’ll automatically receive a FREE digital download of Dr. Grant Osborne’s commentary Ephesians Verse by Verse.