A Logos user sent in this question to us:
Under the new Logos 8 I can’t find how to scroll through notes in biblical order. My notes are tied to verses and I used to be able to scroll from verse 1 to 2 to 3, etc. Now I have the verse I am working on, but cannot scroll up or down to notes on the previous verse. Any help here?
Great question and yes we can do as the user described!
Give this a go:
- Choose Tools | Content | Notes
- Click the Sidebar icon (A) to toggle on the pane housing Filters (B)
- Click in the Bible Book section a book of the Bible housing the Notes you wish to see (C)
- Notice the Notes anchored to that book are now displayed in the Notes list, but not necessarily in canonical or biblical order (D)
- Click the Sort by drop down list (E)
- Select Reference (F)
- Notice the Notes are now displayed in biblical order (G)
- Click the first Note in the list (H) which opens it in the Note Editor on the right (I)
- Press the down arrow on the keyboard
- Notice the next Note in the list (J) is now displayed in the Note Editor (K)
As you continue to press the down arrow you’ll scroll through all of the Notes in the list. Of course the up arrowwill take you back up the list of Notes!
For more detailed training about Logos 8 Notes check out the archived version of Morris Proctor’s Notes Webinar.
And don’t forget to follow faithlife.com/MPSeminars and you’ll automatically receive a FREE digital download of Dr. Grant Osborne’s commentary Ephesians Verse by Verse.