If you have labored and mastered the skill of studying and learning God’s Word but feel a need to become a better communicator of that which you have learned, this is the program for you. Getting the information from your head to your listener’s hearts requires purpose and skill. Morris Proctor has spent most of the past fifteen years teaching people to study God’s Word with Logos Bible Software, and he now turns his attention to the art of sermon and lesson preparation and presentation. Watch and learn from a master teacher—this 3-volume video DVD series will teach you how to prepare and effectively communicate God’s Word to others.
This is a video resource. It works on a standard DVD player or DVD software on your computer. It does not require Logos Bible Software. This program picks up where your Logos Bible study ends. If you teach or preach, you will immediately profit from this resource. The I-Beam program is like a video textbook on the art of preaching and teaching Biblical truths.
Accompanying the I-Beam DVD is a 121-page spiral-bound workbook. Follow along with Morris Proctor’s lectures, as you complete the interactive worksheets provided. Word definitions, multiple examples, the development of ideas from the DVD, and much more are included in this comprehensive, 20-chapter workbook. And, what’s more, the spiral binding on this volume is ideal for laying the workbook flat on the table while studying.
With the I-Beam you will learn to:
- Communicate the timeless truths of Scripture in timely ways
- Capture your listeners’ attention in the first 30 seconds of your message
- Uncover real needs in your hearers
- Present the Bible in a persuasive manner
- Motivate your audience to apply the Bible
- Craft messages for the pulpit, classroom, or conference room
- Utilize the human personality’s ability to processes information
- Connect with your audience
- Deliver a biblical message without sounding like a history lesson
- Streamline your message preparation time
- Organize numerous biblical insights into a targeted message
- Use a method of message preparation that can be modified for all types of sermons and lessons
- Identify the main idea in passage of Scripture
- Transform the theme of a passage into a message for a twenty-first century audience
- Customize your message for the specific needs of your listeners
- Stay on message without wandering down rabbit trails
Contains approximately seven hours of instruction.
- Title: I-Beam of Message Building
- Author: Morris Proctor
- 3 DVDs
- 1 spiral-bound workbook