During a recent Camp Logos I was showing both the power and simplicity of Logos 8 Bible Search templates. Once results were generated, one of the students asked:
Can we make that Search an Inline Search?
As a matter of fact we can and here’s how:
- Click the Search icon in the Go box (A) to open the Search panel (B)
- Select Bible as the Search type (C)
- Select your desired Bible(s) from the drop down list E (D)
- Click the Sidebar icon (E) to toggle on Search templates (F)
- Click a Search template such as A Person in the Bible (G)
- Type text in the box(es) such as Barnabas (using the above example) (H)
- Select the appropriate item(s) from the drop down list(s) (I)
- Click Search (J)
- Notice the results are placed in the Search panel (K)
- Choose the Panel menu on the Search panel (L)
- Select Send to Inline Search (M)
- Notice those same results are now displayed in a Bible panel so you can easily scroll through them! (N)
The beauty of this feature is that you can use the Search Templates to construct some very powerful search queries (without having to know how to type them), but see the results in an actual Bible panel in which you have access to the Context menu, Visual Filters, etc.!
For in-depth, 24/7 video training please check out mpseminars.com.
And don’t forget to follow Faithlife.com/mpseminars and you’ll automatically receive a FREE digital download of Dr. Grant Osborne’s commentary Ephesians Verse by Verse.