A Logos user sent this question to me:
I’m studying spiritual warfare in Ephesians 6. What’s the best way to find other places where Paul writes about this subject?
I really like questions like this because it easily highlights a particular resource in Logos: Parallel Passages in the Pauline Letters. In this book, the authors arrange verses from Paul’s writings and his speaking in Acts around 134 topics. We can easily, therefore, locate places where Paul discusses the resurrection, unity, church leadership, or a host of other topics.
Please note this resource is found in base packages Silver and above or the Full Feature Set.
There are numerous ways to work with the book, but this blog focuses on 1 quick way:
- Click the Library icon in the upper left of the program (A)
- Place this text in the Find box: type:harmony (B)
- Drag Parallel Passages in the Pauline Letters from the Library (C) to the Shortcuts bar (D)
- Open any Bible to Ephesians 6:11 (E)
- Click the new icon for Parallel Passages in the Pauline Letters (F)
- Notice it opens right to the article with Ephesians 6:11 and other verses in which Paul discusses spiritual warfare (G)
As I mentioned above, there are various ways to access this book. For example, if you like the Passage Guide, the Parallel Passages section in it will list this book. If, however, you want super fast access to it, the Shortcuts bar is the way to go. Try this same trick with a harmony of the Gospels!
Again please remember, this “topical Bible” for Paul’s writings is found in base packages Silver and above or the Full Feature Set.
For more tips and tricks like this, please check out 24/7 video training at mpseminars.com.
And don’t forget to follow Faithlife.com/mpseminars and you’ll automatically receive a FREE digital download of Dr. Grant Osborne’s commentary Ephesians Verse by Verse.