If you’re new to Logos Bible Software, you may be wondering where to start your Bible study. With all of the possibilities should you start with the Home Page? A Guide? A Workflow? I suggest starting with the Factbook which quickly provides you with a lot of information plus links to even more Logos features!
For example, imagine you want to study the Parable of the Good Samaritan, but you don’t know where to go in the Bible or Logos to start your study. Try this:
- Click the Factbook icon on the Logos toolbar (A)
- Type good samaritan in the reference box (B)
- Select The Good Samaritan Lk 10-30-37 from the drop down list (C)
- Notice a multi-section article is generated about the parable (D)
- Check out these features:
- Click the hyperlinked reference Luke 10:30-37 at the top to open your preferred Bible (E)
- Expand the Key Article section to learn the context of the parable from the Lexham Context Commentary (F)
- Click links in the Dictionaries section to explore the parable in your Bible dictionaries (G)
- Click the Passage Guide (H) and Exegetical Guide (I) links in the See Also | Guides section for detailed analysis of the text
- Click the Inductive Bible Study (J) link in the See Also | Workflows section to have Logos walk you through an observation, interpretation, and application investigation of the text.
You can begin your study of people, places, things, theological concepts, counseling themes, etc. the same way! The makers of our software realize it’s feature-packed and possibly overwhelming for new users. So we’re suggesting: start your study with the Factbook. If you need more information, we’ll take you there with See Also!
FREE FACTBOOK TRAINING WEBINAR
Back in December I presented a free training webinar called The New Factbook: The Place to Start In Logos 9. It was so popular we’ve decided to rebroadcast it in case you missed it. You can sign up for FREE here.The broadcast will be Thursday January 21 at 2 pm CST. I’ll be in the chat room with other team members to hopefully answer your Factbook questions.
Can’t make that time? Please register anyway and we’ll send you instructions about watching it at your convenience.