Thinking Look Up had been removed from the redesigned 8.7 Context menu, a fellow Logos user emailed me asking, What’s up with Look up?
Actually Look Up is still on the right click menu and it’s better than ever!
Let me show you:
- Open an interlinear Bible like NASB (A) to a passage such as Ruth 2:1 (B)
- Right click on a word like Naomi (C)
- Click Selection Naomi from the left side of the Context menu (D)
- Click the arrow to the right of Look up (on the right side of the Context menu) (E) to display up to 5 resources containing an article about Naomi (F)
- Rest the cursor on a resource abbreviation (G) to see a preview of the article (H)
- Click the resource abbreviation to jump to the article
Pretty cool, eh? You can control the resources being displayed through your prioritized resources in the Library.
Now try this:
- Right click on wealth in Ruth 1:1 (I)
- Select the Hebrew lemma (the word with the ring icon) on the left side of the Context menu (J)
- Notice in the Look up section on the right, abbreviations to Hebrew dictionaries (K)
Just in case you didn’t know, Look up is a “shortcut search” which means look up my word in a dictionary. I think you can see, that shortcut got ever better with the new 8.7 right click menu!
The 8.7 update contained numerous changes especially a new selection menu and a redesigned context menu. You can go here to view a FREE webinar regarding these menus.
For live hands on training make sure to register for Camp Logos.
And don’t forget to follow Faithlife.com/mpseminars and you’ll automatically receive a FREE digital download of Dr. Grant Osborne’s commentary Ephesians Verse by Verse.