During a recent Camp Logos while I was instructing about the Factbook, someone asked:
Is there a table of contents for the Factbook so I’ll know all of the available articles for a given subject?
I answered, No. And yes.
Since the Factbook is technically not a book or resource, there’s not a typical table of contents. Using a Basic Search, however, we can easily craft our own table of contents. Try this:
- Click the Search icon in the upper left of the program to open a Search panel
- Select Basic as the search type (A)
- Select Factbook from the resources to search drop down list (B)
- Type a word like grace in the Find box (C)
- Press the Enter key
- Notice the hyperlinked results which in essence becomes a table of contents or index for the subject grace in the Factbook (D)
- Click a link to open the Factbook (E)
It’s also true, if you type grace in the reference box on the Factbook panel (F), you’ll get basically the same list as in the Search panel (G). The problem is the list disappears after you select an item from the list and you have to retype grace each time you want to see the list. Having the search panel opens gives you the luxury of a stable list!