One of my favorite books in the Bible is Ephesians which I was recently rereading and came again to the wonderful verse of 2:18 which reads in the NASB:
for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father.
I noticed all three persons in the trinity are mentioned: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. As I meditated on the truth of the trinity, I wanted to discover other verses in the New Testament in which all three persons are mentioned.
Since the makers of Logos Bible Software have tagged the words and phrases in the Bible referring to people (Referent dataset, which is not in all Logos base collections), this search is very simple and straightforward.
- Open a Bible containing the interlinear option such as ESV, NASB, NKJV, or LEB
- Navigate to a passage in which at least one person in the trinity is mentioned such as Romans 1:1 (A)
- Right click on a person in the trinity such as God in Romans 1:1 (B)
- Select from the right side of the context menu Person such as God Person in Romans 1:1 (C)
- Select from the left side of the context menu Search this resource (D)
- Notice a Search panel opens with this text in the Find box: <Person God> (E)
- Type in the Find box the other two persons in the trinity using the same search syntax such as: <Person Jesus> <Person Holy Spirit> (F)
- Make sure spaces appear between the sets of angle brackets (G)
- Notice the final query looks like this: <Person God> <Person Jesus> <Person Holy Spirit> (H)
- Change the verse range to New Testament (I)
- Press the Enter key to generate the search results
- Select Aligned as the display view (J)
This Bible Search is an ALL or AND search meaning all of the search terms have to appear in the same verse.
You’re now looking at all of the verses in the New Testament containing words, tagged by Logos developers, referring to all three personas in the trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit!
For more information about this please check out the Training Manual Bundle.