A Logos user emailed this question to me:
I executed an Inline Search, but how do I export the results?
Perhaps you’ve experienced this scenario as well. If so, take heart; there is a solution. Because of the nature of an Inline Search, the results are not directly exportable, so we need to utilize a normal Search panel.
Here’s what I mean:
- Open any Bible you like (any resource could be used, but for this example we’ll use a Bible)
- Click the Inline Search icon on the Bible’s toolbar (A)
- Select Bible as the search type (B)
- Select New Testament as the verse range (C)
- Type a query like adoption in the Find box (D)
- Press the Enter key to generate the results (E)
Here’s the point where the question at hand comes into play: how do we export these results? Again for emphasis, we can’t from this panel so we need a normal Search panel:
- Click the Send To icon on the Inline Search toolbar (F)
- Select Search panel from the list (G)
- Notice a separate Search panel opens with the results (H)
- Press Ctrl + P on a PC or Cmd + P on a Mac to open the Print/Export panel (I)
- Utilize the various options to print (J), copy to the clipboard (K), send to Word document (L), etc.
And for a great way to learn to study the Bible with Logos register for Camp Logos Inductive in Atlanta April 23-25 available both live and as a webinar!
Also be sure to follow the MP Seminars Faithlife group and receive a FREE download of the commentary Ephesians: Verse by Verse by Dr. Grant Osborne.