Have you ever been reading a print Bible and thought to yourself, it sure would be nice to temporarily:
- Hide the chapter and verse numbers
- Arrange the text in list form rather than paragraph form
- Remove the red letters
You can do all of that and more in Logos 6 with a Visual Filter called Bible Text Only
Bible Text Only has been around for a long time in Logos, but has greatly expanded in Logos 6 as I explain below.
The text in most Bibles comes from the publisher with various features such as:
- Character formatting like red letter, italics, etc.
- Cross references
- Pericope headings
- Chapter and verse numbers
All of this and more can be toggled on / off with the Bible Text Only Visual Filter.
To do so:
- Open a Bible
- Click the Visual Filters icon on the Bible’s toolbar (A)
- Select the Resource box (B)
- Select Bible text only (C)
- Bible text formatting to remove all character formatting such as red letter, italics, bold, etc. (D)
- Chapter / Verse numbers to remove those numbers (E)
- Footnote indicators to remove imbedded cross references (F)
- Non-Bible text to remove pericope titles (G)
- One verse per line to leave the Bible in paragraph form as opposed to each verse starting on a separate line when this option is checked (H)
For complete instructions on all of the new Logos 6 features check out our What’s New for Logos 6 Training Manual.