A recent question from a Logos user is a great way to show off the power of a tool available in the Full Features Set which appears in base collections Bronze and above.
First the question:
I am looking for a way to search for all eschatological references in the Bible. If that is not hard enough, I would then like to separate them into categories; e.g., Jesus, Paul, OT Prophets, David, etc.
Even though several methods exist which get close to his solution, today I want to emphasize the Bible Browser. This tool begins with an interlinear Bible of your choice and then through Logos-provided facets or tags you can “point and click” to locate desired passages.
Let’s take a look at an answer to his question:
- Choose Tools | Bible Browser
- Select from the Bible drop down list (A) an interlinear such as the NASB (B)
- Type in the Find box in the left sidebar eschatology (C)
- Notice the available facets or tags all containing the word eschatology (D)
- Click a facet such as Eschatology in the Preaching Themes section (E)
- Notice passages containing that facet appear in the viewing area on the right (F)
- Use the facets to filter the verses to a particular section in the Bible or a particular speaker, for example in the Bible Books section click Isaiah to display eschatological passages only from that book (G)
- Use the Send To icon (H) to save the list of verses as a Passage List which is stored on the Documents menu(I)
Please keep in mind that the passages in the above example reflect verses that a team at Faithlife assigned to the Preaching Theme Eschatology and may not represent every eschatological passage in the Bible.
I think, however, you can see that through the use of multiple facets in the Bible Browser you can locate many passages dealing with most any subject in the Bible! For more information about the Bible Browser, check out the Logos 7 Training Manuals Volumes 1-3 or attend the live upcoming Camp Logos in Washington, DC or Little Rock, AR.