The recently released Logos 9 contains numerous new features, but none more practical than the redesigned Commentaries guide section. With this makeover we can now display our commentaries in a variety of ways including the denominational bent of the author!
Give this a go:
- Open the Passage Guide from the Guides menu
- Type a passage like Colossians 3:16 in the reference box (A)
- Press the Enter key to generate the report
- Make sure the Commentaries guide section is expanded by clicking the title bar (B)
- Notice the various ways we can now arrange the commentaries (C)
- Click Denomination (D) to display the commentaries according to the denomination bent of the author! (E)
Please keep a few things in mind:
- This is a huge undertaking, so not all commentaries are currently “tagged.” Please be patient as the Logos team continues to label more and more resources.
- Commentaries are being “tagged” according to the denominational bent of the author of an individual volume, not an entire series.
- This “tagging” is not an exact science so please be gracious if you perhaps disagree with an assigned label.
Even though this is a work in progress, I really appreciate the effort the makers of our software are putting forth to make Logos as practical as possible. It’s very helpful to quickly view insights about a passage from a Baptist, Methodist, or Presbyterian perspective. Enjoy this new Logos 9 tweak!
For more detailed training about all Logos 9 features, check out a subscription at MPSeminars.com which includes approximately 200 videos on Logos 9 alone!
Also make sure to view at your convenience the FREE QuickLook at Logos 9 webinar.During this 80-minute webinar I’ll introduce you to all of the Logos 9 changes!