If you read this Logos blog on a regular basis you know I’m a big fan of the Bible Browser because I refer to it often. Well, once again I’ll mention it because it answers a user’s question emailed to me:
How do I search in Logos 7 for everything that Jesus did while on earth besides using the Factbook? For example: records of His praying, sayings, rebukes, condemnations etc.?
That’s a question asking for broad results, therefore, the Bible Browser is the tool to use. So to borrow a phrase from Paul, to write the same things to you is no trouble to me.
Give this a go:
- Choose Tools |Bible Browser
- Select a Bible from the drop down list on the toolbar from which to display the results (A)
- Select Jesus in the People section in the sidebar (B)
- Notice Logos displays on the right all the verses in which the Person Jesus appears (C)
The sidebar now contains facets or tags related only to the verses in which Jesus appears. (D) You can be like a kid in a candy store clicking on facets to discover the activities, prayers, miracles, etc. related to Jesus, just as the Logos user requested.
For example, utilize the sidebar section:
- Places to discover places Jesus visited (E)
- Parables to ponder the stories Jesus told (F)
- Speaking to God to explore prayers Jesus prayed or were directed to Him (G)
- Reported Speech (H) ,with Jesus as the Speaker, (I)and Topics (J) to study subjects Jesus addressed
Because the developers of our software have so thoroughly tagged the content of Scripture, we can use this easy point and click method to uncover most any information in the Bible!
Also, be sure to register for Camp Logos Inductive in Atlanta April 23-25 or join the training via a live streaming webinar!
And when you follow Faithlife.com/mpseminars you’ll automatically receive a FREE digital download of Dr. Grant Osborne’s commentary Ephesians Verse by Verse.