I recently received the following email:
Maybe I’m missing something, but I need a quick way to get the number of occurrences of a phrase by book.
Another very practical question from a Logos user! Even though different ways exist to accomplish the goal, this blog focuses on the Analysis view of Bible Search results:
- Click the Search icon in the upper left of the program to open the Search panel
- Select Bible as the search type (A)
- Select your desired verse range (B) and Bible(s) (C) from the drop down lists
- Type the search query in the Find box enclosing a phrase in double quotes such as: “Christ Jesus” (D)
- Press the Enter key to generate the results
- Select the Analysis view for the results (E)
- Right click on a column header at the top of the spreadsheet (F)
- Select at least Book from the menu (G)
- Drag the column header Book from the header bar (H) to the area above the column headers (Mac user: hold down the Option key as your drag/drop) (I)
- Notice the results are now grouped according to the books of the Bible (J)
- Right click on a book name (K)
- Select Collapse all (L)
- Notice a condensed view of the results (M)
For a pictorial view of the results click Graph results at the top of the Search panel! (N)
For more detailed information about Bible Search results, be sure to order your copy of the Logos Training Manuals Volumes 1-3.
And for 24/7 Logos training, check out the new MPSeminarsOnline.com website.
Remember to follow Faithlife.com/mpseminars and you’ll automatically receive a FREE digital download of Dr. Grant Osborne’s commentary Ephesians Verse by Verse.