Beginning in Genesis 6:14 God tells Noah to build a boat according to exact specifications: 300 cubits X 50 cubits X 30 cubits. I’m not sure about you, but I don’t normally speaks in terms of cubits today. I understand feet and yards, but cubits are another story.
This isn’t an isolated occurrence because unfamiliar measurements appear throughout the Bible. Fortunately for us, as we study passages with Logos 8 we can easily convert measurements in the text.
Give this a look see:
- Choose the Guides menu (A)
- Type concord in the Search box (B)
- Notice Concordance appears in the results area (C)
- Click Concordance to open this individual Guide section
- Type Genesis 6 in the Reference box (D)
- Press the Enter key
- Rest the cursor on the Concordance section bar (E)
- Click Settings (F)
- Select Measure (G)
- Notice all of the measurements found in Genesis 6 (H) are converted into more understandable units (I)
Please note, the Concordance section can be added to the Passage Guide so that it will always be present as a handy converter!
For more detailed instruction about Customizing Guides as well as many more Logos 8 features, please check out the What’s New in Logos 8 course in our mpseminarsonline.com subscription where you’ll find over 150 videos just about new Logos 8 enhancements.
Remember to follow Faithlife.com/mpseminars and you’ll automatically receive a FREE digital download of Dr. Grant Osborne’s commentary Ephesians Verse by Verse