For nearly twenty years I’ve had the privilege of equipping Logos users like yourself how to get the most out of the software. One of my favorite things to teach is my personal system for organizing the many resources in the library. As you’ve probably already discovered, it doesn’t take long to amass 2000, 3000, 5000 books or more. Unless you have an efficient method for managing your books, some, even many, of them will go under used or even worse never used.
For example at our live Camp Logos seminars I ask attendees if they’ve utilized books like, Figures of Speech Used in the Bible, Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah, or Training of the Twelve. Many of the students, perhaps even you, own these books, but confess they’ve seldom if ever used them. One of the reasons incredible books like these go under used is the absence of a systematic way of organizing books and then searching them.
So during the Camp Logos 2 training seminar I show a systematic method of arranging all the books in your library so all are neatly organized and ready to be searched any time you like.
During this seminar I’ll teach you how to fish rather than giving you a fish. For instance, you’ll learn:
- How to organize all of your books according to subject and author
- How to then have all of your author and subject matter collections follow you from passage to passage so at a glance you’ll see what each says about the text
- Why and how to quickly tag all of the books in your library
- Why some books (even your favorites) should not be prioritized in the library
- How to manage all of your commentaries so they appear quickly in the order you desire
- How access a Bible harmony, Bible dictionary, church history resource, theology book and more right from the biblical text you’re studying through the wonder of the right mouse click.
If you apply this multi-faceted, yet simple system for organizing resources, you’ll no longer have under used books in your library. And you’ll be eager to add more resources because you’ll have a proactive method for using them. This system works beautifully whether you have 50, 500, or 5000 books!
In addition to showing you a successful system for managing resources, Camp Logos 2 emphasizes many ways to leverage the power of Logos for doing better original language work as an English student. Through this video resource you’ll gain a firm grasp of:
- Lemma Visual Filters
- Morphological Visual Filters
- Propositional Outlines
- Text Comparison
- And much more!
If you can’t make it to a live Camp Logos seminar, this video resource in the next best thing to being there!