A fellow Logos user recently presented me with this scenario:
I’m a big fan of the Commentaries section in the Passage Guide. I noticed that my study Bibles are included in the section. Is there an easy way to list my study Bibles separately from the commentaries?
The answer is yes! In fact, it can be accomplished with a couple of different methods. What follows is one simple way to achieve what he wants.
First, create a Collection of study Bibles:
- Choose Tools | Collections
- Name the Collection Study Bibles (A)
- Place this in the Rule box: type:”Bible Notes” (Logos groups study Bibles and a few miscellaneous resources in the Type called Bible Notes) (B)
- Drag any resources you wish to exclude from this Collection from the Resulting Collection list to the Minus these resources section (C)
- Close the Collections panel
Next, generate a Passage Guide report:
- Choose Guides | Passage Guide
- Type a reference in the box like John 1:1 (D)
- Press the Enter key to generate the report
Now, select Study Bibles in the Commentaries section:
- Rest the cursor on the Commentaries section title bar (E)
- Click the Settings link that appears to the right (F)
- Select Study Bibles from the drop down list (G)
- Notice only study Bibles now appear in the list! (H)
With this method, selecting Study Bibles from the Settings list is necessary for each Passage Guide report. You can, however, create a custom template on the Guides menu to permanently add the Study Bibles section to it!
For a more in depth discussion about all the Bible Study Guides as well as custom templates please check out the NEW Training Manuals for Logos 6!