An itinerant Bible teacher recently told me he uses the new Sermon editor for his messages. He enjoys the power of creating his outline and handout in the same document, as well as, the security of backing up and synchronizing his files to various devices.
As an itinerant, however, he preaches the same sermon more than once and he wants to insure he doesn’t repeat a message in the same church! So his question is:
Can the Sermon documents be searched for the venue in which they were delivered?
Yes they can and here’s how:
- Place the location of the delivered message, such as First Church, Second Church, etc., in the Venue box in the Sermon Info section of a Sermon document (A)
- Click the Search icon in the upper left of the program
- Select Basic as the search type (B)
- Select Your Documents from the resources to search drop down list (C)
- Place the text of a venue in the Find box with multiple words enclosed in double quotes such as “First Church”(D)
- Press the Enter key to generate the search results (E)
Please note that the text in the body of the Sermon document is also being searched for your query. In other words, if you tell an illustration about First Church in the file, that will return as a hit even though the message may not have been preached at First Church.