If you regularly read this blog, you probably know I’m a big fan of Favorites as a place to organize items for future reference. That trend continues today as I answer a question from a fellow Logos user:
Is there a way under the “Sermons” document file system to further divide that, make folders or directories or whatever you want to call it, for a series of sermons, “Parables of Christ”, “Sermon on the Mount”, “Jeremiah”, etc? I’ve not found a way and don’t know if there is a way or not.
The questioner is correct in that currently we can’t create a folder system at the Documents menu. We can, however, at Favorites!
- Choose Tools | Favorites
- Click New Folder on the Favorites toolbar (A)
- Name the folder something like Sermons (B)
- Click New Folder again (C)
- Name this folder the name of a sermon series such as Sermon on the Mount (D)
- Drag the Sermon Series folder and drop it on top of the Sermons folder to create a sub-folder system (E)
- Repeat the previous 3 steps to create additional Sermon Series folders inside the Sermons folder (F)
- Choose the Documents menu (G)
- Drag a Sermon file from the menu and drop it on the appropriate Sermon Series folder (H)
- Repeat the above 2 steps to place additional files in the appropriate folders (I)
Now when you need to access your previously created Sermons, don’t go to the Documents menu; instead choose Tools | Favorites where you’ll find all of your messages neatly organized for you! Just click one to open it!