Logos 7 is here! And it is bigger and better than ever! Faithlife leadership has asked me to write several blogs about my favorite Logos 7 features so be on the lookout at blog.logos.com for a lot of instruction about Logos 7.
For now I’ll mention a new section that’s been added to the Passage Guide, Systematic Theologies. Within our library we have systematic theology books which synthesize what the whole of Scripture says about a subject. Logos has tagged these resources according to both the denominational bent of the author as well as the doctrinal context in which a passage occurs. Here’s how those tags play out for us:
- Choose Guides | Passage Guide
- Type Colossians 2:14 in the reference box (A)
- Press the Enter key to build the report
- Expand the Systematic Theologies section (B)
- Subject to primarily arrange the results according to doctrinal context (C)
- Resource to primarily arrange the results according to denominational bent (D)
- Look at the image below along with these explanations to understand the search results
- Resource has been selected to display the results according to denominational bent (E)
- The author of the resource, Concise Theology, writes from an Anglican perspective (F)
- As the author discusses Christology, he uses Colossians 2:14 as a reference (G)
- Click a search result to open the resource to that location (H)
As you can probably tell, rather than having such a long list of biblical reference as such results, the results have been labeled so they’re much more user-friendly!
Use the above instructions to also work with the sections Biblical Theologies and Confessional Documents!