I was recently reading in Genesis 12 where the Lord calls Abram to leave his homeland and travel to a God-appointed location. Obviously this event is recorded in Genesis 12, but I was curious as to where else it may be mentioned in Scripture. So this is what I did:
- Open a Bible containing the interlinear option to Genesis 12:1 (A)
- Right click on any word in verse 1 (B)
- Select from the right side of the Context menu the event God calls Abram (C)
- Select from the left side of the Context menu Factbook (D)
- Notice Logos builds a report for the event God calls Abram (E)
- Expand the Passages section (F)
- Notice the Key Verses sub-section which displays Genesis 12:1-5 where the event originally occurred (G)
- Notice the See Also sub-section which lists other places in the Bible where this event is mentioned (H)
- Click the link Open 6 passages in preferred Bible to display only these verses in your Bible (I)
Now with your Preferred Bible open with just the “God calls Abram verses” you can easily see what Scripture has to say about this event! (J)
This simple feature which utilizes extensive tagging by Logos and the Factbook greatly reduces the time necessary to track down multiple cross references.
Don’t forget to right click on your event in the Bible!