Just like the CIA publishes The World Factbook with facts and figures about the countries of the world, Logos 6 presents the Factbook (replacing Bible Facts in Logos 5) which produces reports about Biblical People, Places, Things and Events as well as a host of other subjects.
In addition to being opened from numerous hyperlinks throughout the program and the Context menu, the Factbook is housed and accessed from the Tools menu.
- Choose Tools | Factbook
- Type a subject in the box such as a: (A)
- Biblical book like Ephesians
- Biblical Person like Moses
- Biblical Place like Jericho
- Biblical Thing like sandal
- Biblical Event like feed 5000
- Biographical Person like John Wesley
- Topic like baptism
- Cultural Concept like marriage
- Preaching Theme like mercy
- Select your desired item from the drop down list (or press the Enter key if your item is already highlighted in the list) (B)
The various sections in a report differ depending on the subject under study, but expect to see information such as:
- Dictionary articles
- Search results from the Library
- Referent dataset
- Community Tags
- Miscellaneous links to places such as Wikipedia and Searches
For quick access to the Factbook right click on a word in a Bible and open the Factbook from the Context menu!
The more you use it, the more you’ll be impressed with this goldmine of information neatly organized in a hyperlinked article for almost any subject related to biblical studies.