In response to last week’s blog a fellow Logos user asked the following question:
Thanks for the helpful tip, but I have a slightly different scenario. How do I add imbedded cross references in a Bible to a Passage List since the references themselves don’t appear, but only superscript letters?
This is a great observation and excellent question! To assist us, we’re going to add Power Lookup to the Passage List.
Here’s what I mean:
- Choose Documents | Passage List
- Name the document anything you like (A)
- Open a Bible, containing imbedded cross references identified with superscript letters, (B) to any passage (C)
- Choose Tools | Power Lookup
- Select, in the Bible, text containing imbedded cross references (D)
- Notice Power Lookup displays the text of those cross references (E)
- Click Copy on the Power Lookup panel (F)
- Click the Add link on the Passage List (G)
- Select …clipboard from the drop down list (H)
- Notice the verses from Power Lookup which are cross references from the Bible are added to the Passage List! (I)
And for a great way to learn to study the Bible with Logos register for Camp Logos Inductive in Atlanta April 23-25!
Also be sure to follow the new MP Seminars Faithlife group and receive a FREE download of the commentary Ephesians: Verse by Verse by Dr. Grant Osborne.