Camp Logos is the title affectionately given to our two day (or three day if it’s a Camp Combo), hands-on seminar in which we teach you to practically use many of the features of your Logos Bible Software. Most of our Camp Logos seminars cost $225.00 to attend with a Camp Logos syllabus and refreshments included.
Your Bible software, with all of its power and potential, can be intimidating to learn. Where do you begin?
- What is Cited By?
- How do I take notes?
- Why should I make collections?
- How can I narrow my searches so I don’t get thousands of hits?
- How do I make my own Bible Study Guide templates?
- We’ll answer all of these questions and more.
You’ll learn that using Logos Bible Software is a lot like flying an airplane. You can set it to auto-pilot allowing the plane to fly itself or you can take full manual control of the plane flying it yourself.
The seminar begins in auto-pilot mode as you learn to effectively use your Home Page and various automated reports.
Once airborne, though, you’ll quickly take full manual control of your software as you learn to open and search books and customize your system for the way you study.
If you’re new to the software, don’t be afraid. We patiently show you how to use each feature.
If you’re a seasoned user, don’t shy away from the seminar. There are expert shortcuts, insights, and applications all throughout the seminar that will challenge you and take you to the next level. Hundreds of experienced Logos users said they’ve learned new features in the first hour.
Seminar attendees say that the seminar was well worth it and many say that the first hour alone is worth the price of admission.
We’ll strive to provide a valuable learning experience for you as well as we try to achieve these characteristics:
- Understandable. We speak English not computer jargon. You’ll find the training very easy to follow.
- Hands on. You won’t just listen to or watch the instructor; you’ll actually be working at your own laptop computer station that you’re welcome to bring or we provide one for you (for a nominal fee of $20).
- Practical. We’ll not only show you what Logos can do; we’ll show you how to apply the features in your Bible study and lesson preparation.
- Excellent. We’re committed to providing you with thorough and professional instruction. You won’t be disappointed.
- Affordable. Software instruction in the business sector is very expensive. Our two-day seminars are a fraction of that cost.
Camp Logos is two days of hands-on, practical training in using your Logos Bible Software. Below is a general outline of the topics covered.
For each feature Morris injects shortcuts and practical, Biblical examples from his years of using Logos Bible Software for his own sermon preparation.
If you’re a new user you’ll understand Morris’ clear, practical instructions.
If you’re an experienced Logos user you’ll be challenged by Morris’ unique and insightful ways of applying the software to actual Bible study and sermon preparation.
General Outline of Camp Logos – Day One
- Overview of Logos Desktop
- Overview of Home Page
- Home Page Bible Study
- Passage Guide
- Exegetical Guide
- Bible Word Study
- Custom Bible Study
- Templates and Reports
- Biblical People
- Biblical Places
- Biblical Things
- Overview of Library
- Locating Resources
- Prioritized Resources
- Overview of Windows, Tiles and Panels
- Arranging the Desktop
- Navigating through Resources
- Displaying Resources
- Parallel Resources
- Command Box
- Shortcuts Bar
General Outline of Camp Logos – Day Two
- Overview of Searching
- Search Collections
- Basic Searching
- Basic Search Results
- Bible Searching
- Bible Search Results
- Right Mouse Searching
- Cited By Searching
- Power Lookup
- Overview of Reverse Interlinears
- Word Definitions from Reverse Interlinears
- Searching from Reverse Interlinears
- Word Study from Reverse Interlinears
- Text Comparison
CAMP LOGOS is what we affectionately call our two (or three) day seminar in which we teach you to practically use many of the features of your Logos Bible Software.
Here are some Quick Facts about the seminar. Please be sure to click the various links for more in-depth information.
Morris Proctor personally teaches every seminar. His gift of teaching and years of Bible study and teaching make the seminar one of the most practical and rewarding you’ll ever attend.
If you’re new to Logos Bible Software don’t be afraid. There are no prerequisites for attending Camp Logos. The instruction is clear and understandable.
If you’re a seasoned user don’t shy away from the seminar. There are expert shortcuts, insights, and applications all throughout the seminar that will challenge you and take you to the next level.
The cost for most seminars is $225 which includes two days of guided hands-on training, Camp Logos syllabus, and snacks throughout the day.
Most 2 day seminars run on the following schedule:
- Day 1: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Day 2: 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
We recommend casual, comfortable attire.
The seminars are hands-on so please bring your laptop. If you don’t have one, please indicate on the registration form that you need to reserve one for a nominal shipping charge of $20. Our laptop rentals are PC only (we don’t have any Mac rentals available). Electric outlets are provided at each table so you don’t need strong batteries.